Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Help Me / Re: Points for playing need formula pls
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 23, 2024, 10:24:47 PM »
(position * 2) + (nh * 0.5) + if(r < 4, 3)
Help Me / Points for playing need formula pls
« Last post by Pokehigh on January 23, 2024, 02:45:14 PM »
Hello, I urgently need help with awarding points. I've tried a lot but can't do it :/  I want to start a season and give fixed points for it. For this I need a formula I want to give each player 2 points per placement. So 2,4,6,8 etc. Then everyone should get 0.5 points for a bust out and the best three another 3 points extra. The number of players is not important, it doesn't matter if it's 10 or 20 I hope you understand that.

for example

player  bust out     hits     top3    points
1              2             0                   2
2              4             0                   4
3              6             2        3         10
4              8             0        3         11
5 win       10            2        3         14

thx for helping

translate with google, sry ;)
Help Me / Re: Player Image not saving
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 22, 2024, 04:08:46 PM »
Perhaps it's the image itself.  Are there other images you were able to successfully set for a player?  Can you attach an image file that you can't seem to set for a player?
« Last post by CJCollins31 on January 21, 2024, 07:17:57 PM »
When I choose the image file, there is no image shown.  I see the option to change or remove but there is no image. When I click OK both times to save then reopen I don't have the option to remove.  it just isn't saving the image.  I have the same issue on the old laptop and the new laptop.
Help Me / Re: check in players on several PCs at the same time
« Last post by repozone on January 19, 2024, 07:58:09 PM »
if that is the case i would just use a remote software to login to the main computer like TeamViewer
« Last post by Corey Cooper on January 19, 2024, 07:43:38 PM »
What do you mean by "I am having trouble with Player images saving."?

Is there an error?  If so, what does it say?  Do player images seem to get "set" but then when you exit and restart the application they are gone?

Are you trying to set the image for a player in your player database or one that is in a tournament but not in the player database?
Help Me / Player Image not saving
« Last post by CJCollins31 on January 19, 2024, 01:11:58 PM »
I am having trouble with Player images saving.  I was able to successfully save the first two player images.  I can't save any other player images.  I was on 3.4.  I patch to 3.7 and still having the issue.  I tried on a new computer without any luck.  Is there a recommended size and format to use?
Any chance for a quick update to TD where you implement previsbreak, previsround etc (or for however many functions you have that are of form "nextis***"?    :D

It's been noted, I'll have to see about the "right" way to do it and if it's feasible to get it into the next minor update.  The issue being once a variable or token is added, it basically is there forever, so I'd prefer to get it right if possible.
I definitely get the use case.  Which is why when I first read your post I struggled to understand why I couldn't come up with a way to make it work ... it seems obvious someone would want to do this.
[/Quote]

Any chance for a quick update to TD where you implement previsbreak, previsround etc (or for however many functions you have that are of form "nextis***"?    :D

I definitely get the use case.  Which is why when I first read your post I struggled to understand why I couldn't come up with a way to make it work ... it seems obvious someone would want to do this.

But your workaround actually makes sense.  Trigger "The clock ticks" with Conditions isBreak and nextIsRound and secondsLeft=15, and play your "play resumes" sound.  I would just suggest adding 1 or 2 seconds to the actual length of the sound to ensure no overlap, as timings are not *exact* in the TD (subject to the way the event loop works in Javascript, combined with screen updates could make the timing off).

But your workaround actually makes sense.  Trigger "The clock ticks" with Conditions isBreak and nextIsRound and secondsLeft=15, and play your "play resumes" sound.  I would just suggest adding 1 or 2 seconds to the actual length of the sound to ensure no overlap, as timings are not *exact* in the TD (subject to the way the event loop works in Javascript, combined with screen updates could make the timing off).

Yep.  I've already.added extensive.sets of announcements and learned to test for the proper timings!
I definitely get the use case.  Which is why when I first read your post I struggled to understand why I couldn't come up with a way to make it work ... it seems obvious someone would want to do this.  You definitely don't want to tie it directly to your rounds schedule if you can help it.  That will work fine but will be painful if you make changes to the schedule.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10