Author Topic: Bounty Hunter  (Read 2871 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Bounty Hunter
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
Running a bounty Hunter with 1 rebuy to include another Bounty Chip. Available for 3 rounds and a break.
Player busts out, does a rebuy and automatically gets a new bounty chip.
However  during the break, those who have not had a rebuy are allowed to have a rebuy. Obviously they cant have another bounty chip as they are still in and already have one.
I know that if 1 rebuy  a single  player during the break, when i do a rebuy. I can do it manually and  adjust the cost of the buy in by removing the bounty chips and cost from the buy in page .
 Doing it like this so it doesn't affect the number of bounties and the prize so that both the  bounties and main game prizes are correctl. And that right number of bounties and rebuys are shown.
Is there any way of setting this up automatically.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:03:15 PM by Mahound »

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
Re: Bounty Hunter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:34 PM »
The rebuy during the break sounds more like an add-on. 

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:25 AM »
To be honest, Never thought of it like that. Technically its not an add on. An Add on would be available to all players, and would only be available during the break.  But this way  anyone who has lost their initial chips and has re-bought (before the break), cannot do another re-buy/add on. The point is to give everyone a chance to make the re-buy. And like i said any one who takes a re-buy during the break, wouldn't need the bounty.  
If i do it as an add on, how could i stop the players who had taken a re-buy from doing another "add on". There doesn't seem a way to restrict the re-buy in the break, to only those who haven't taken an earlier rebuy.
I don't want to screw up the number of bounties and that is why i wanted to see if anyone has a way to automate the way the second re-buys are done, ie. enable the eligible players to re-buy with out taking the bounty.

Hope this is a bit of a better explanation, I don't think i am expressing this very well.

Or is there a way to make this an add on, but restrict the add ons to only those players who have NOT taken a rebuy

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:00:49 AM by Mahound »

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
Game tab ( Rebuys ( check the ( Allow players still in the tournament to rebuy ) set ( Maximum rebuys per player ) and hotkey V to rebuy, put a check in ( Hide ineligible players,  this will rebuy without buying a new bounty chip i believe.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
Game tab ( Rebuys ( check the ( Allow players still in the tournament to rebuy ) set ( Maximum rebuys per player ) and hotkey V to rebuy, put a check in ( Hide ineligible players,  this will rebuy without buying a new bounty chip i believe.

Cheers Timmer will try that

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Just set the maximum number of rebuys per-player to 1.  Then the Rebuy dialog will only list players who are eligible (who haven't yet rebought).  Once the break arrives, change the Bounty Chip Cost to 0 (meaning no bounty chip) so all rebuys after that point will omit the bounty chip.

What you should be able to do is simply rebuy a remaining player, including a bounty chip, and they should "keep" their original bounty chip (since no one knocked them out).  I just checked and this is not how the software handles it.  When you rebuy a player who hasn't busted out, effectively the initial bounty chip goes no where, as far as the software is concerned.  The player never surrenders it to anyone and so it shows as a cost, but no one collects that fee as would happen if the player surrendered the chip to a hitman or they "kept" it.  I've made a note to fix this in a future version.

I would agree, however, that the rebuy for the players remaining who haven't busted out is really an add-on, but it's all just semantics.  If you'd rather keep it straight by having it all be rebuys, then you should work your tournament that way.  The Add-on and Rebuy dialogs do list the number off add-ons and rebuys each player has currently purchased, so you can always just eyeball it right there in the dialog while you're rebuying players to make sure the player hasn't already rebought.  Or, if you wanted to make it an add-on, same rule applies.  Just make sure the player doesn't already have a rebuy.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
CHEERS COREY

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 06:01:41 AM »
I was playing with the same kind of tourney-version: a fullstack rebuy (+bounty chip) for any who got knocked out a 2000chips-tourney, and a half-stack add-on for any who got below 1000chips (without another bounty)..

What's proposed by Corey seems a great alternative, I was just wondering whether or not the following change in settings might make it even easier?

Is it possible (and ofcourse easy) to give a max cap on rebuys & add-ons. In other words, a setting where it is stated that the maximum of rebuy OR add-on is (for instance) 1. So, in that case, if someone has done a rebuy, the software automatically makes him/her ineligible for a add-on. It would make the play faster, since tourney directors won't need to change settings on the fly.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »
Is it possible (and ofcourse easy) to give a max cap on rebuys & add-ons. In other words, a setting where it is stated that the maximum of rebuy OR add-on is (for instance) 1. So, in that case, if someone has done a rebuy, the software automatically makes him/her ineligible for a add-on. It would make the play faster, since tourney directors won't need to change settings on the fly.

Sounds like a good idea.
Would this be possible to do Corey.
 Make it so that, If there is an option in a game of taking 1 rebuy OR 1 add on. The software would recognise what has happend. 
So if the option in the game was 1 rebuy/OR/ 1 Add on 
so that if a players takes an rebuy,  they wouldn't be allowed to add on.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
There isn't a way to do this today.  I'll have to look into adding it.

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
Thanks, Corey

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:54 PM »
There isn't a way to do this today.  I'll have to look into adding it.

Cheers Corey