Author Topic: Can't click anything  (Read 963 times)

inode

• View Profile
Can't click anything
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »
Tournament director suddenly stopped working for me.

When it loads up I press esc to go to settings and the screen doesnt change then when i click i can hear the windows error sound.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing and now when I go to enter licence key the dialog box doesnt appear and when I click then I hear windows error ding.

I tried resetting settings in IE 10 and am currently upgrading to IE11

Any suggestions?

Windows 7 btw

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't click anything
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:57 PM »
Did you recently use the TD with your PC hooked up to a secondary display?  If you did, and you have the display preferences (within the TD) set to remember dialog locations, then the dialogs are likely opening off-screen (where your extended display was previously located).

There's an undocumented hotkey that will recenter an open dialog on the main display.  Press the R key while holding down Ctrl and Alt and Shift.  You can do this at any time to recenter the currently open dialog.  Once you start the TD, press this hotkey.  Hopefully a dialog will "pop" into the middle of the screen.  If it's not the Settings window, close the dialog and press the hotkey again.  Repeat until you get to the Settings window.  Then go to the Preferences tab, select "Display Management", then choose "Open all dialogs: centered on the Main display" in the "Dialogs" section located on the right side.

There will be another hotkey in the next version that will recenter ALL open dialogs and set this preference for you, added just for situations like this.

Well, I hope this is what's going on with your TD.  :)

inode

• View Profile
Re: Can't click anything
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »
Yes I did.

That's perfect that worked 100% for me.

Thank you  ;)