Author Topic: suggestion for the hitman  (Read 2205 times)

URSHARKB8

• View Profile
suggestion for the hitman
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:54:35 AM »
Hi all,
this happened in my tourney 2 weeks ago.  I have been thinking about it alot and finally decide to ask about it.

Situation: I'm BB (not even enough chips to make BB), so naturally i'm all-in.
weel 2 callers each and check me down. we all mad 2 pair from board, and they both have ace each. i have nothing. so they split the pot and bust me out.

here's the dilemma, (you know what it is now don't you!!??!!?)

they both busted me. i check my name to take me out, and check their names as hitman, except i can only choose one!!  (yes, you were right!!)

so in next update or something could you let it check more than one hit man, and if more than one are chosen, just have a little pop up box ask if we really meant to have more than one hitman and we hit button to confirm it.

So my solution at the time was to just adjust the point count for the other person, and give them both the bounty points (im bounty all year for being 2006 series champ).  but it wont ever show up how they recieved those point in the stats.

Thank You
Sharky

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: suggestion for the hitman
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:08:27 AM »
Well I believe the hit should go to the person with the Most Chips there.  And if by some chance they have the same amount it could go to the first caller.

Do you use bounties in accordance with points?
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

URSHARKB8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
yes, bounties receive points, 2 pts for prev winner, and 4 pts for last season champ and last season POY.
and there is an award for most bounties collected in the season.

johnhend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 02:34:57 PM »
We'd been playing poker for a few years, and the VERY FIRST TIME I used tournament director to keep track of points, this happened.  We handled it on the fly by awarding the hit to the person with the most chips.  Subsequently, I made a revision to our league rule of the following:

"There are just a couple of additional rules the scoring:  Getting busted out – in the event that you and another player are taken out in the same hand, whichever player had the least chips will be first out and ranked lower.  In the event that two people take out the same one player, then the player with the most chips will be given credit for the “hit.”  However, if both hit players have the same number of chips, then the “hit” will be given to the player closest to the dealer’s left."

This has come in handy - because I've had 4 people go all-in on the first hand... two with pocket a's and two with pocket k's (imagine the chances of that!!!).  The aces held up and there was no flush, so the TWO hits went to the player with the pocket a's closest to the left of the dealer.