Author Topic: showing players who busted out  (Read 1158 times)

Andy

• View Profile
showing players who busted out
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »
I'm using V3.1 and I have to say Corey, great job. It's much easier creating a layout than it was before. But here's my prob.

I'm trying to show the busted to players on my tournament screen by using the <ranking> token and marquee. Everything works fine except for:

1. I want the following order Rank - Player - Points - Hits but no matter what I try it's always Rank - Player - Hits - Points. How can I switch the columns?

2. I also do not want to show the column names. Is it possible to do something like this: Hits: 1 - Points: 20

3. Where can I change the column names? I need them in German.

Thanks for the help

-------------------

I Think I just found what I was looking for all the time

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3267.0

------------------------

I'm probably to stupid. Cann't switch the columns. So I need help.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:56:32 AM by Andy »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: showing players who busted out
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
I'm using V3.1 and I have to say Corey, great job. It's much easier creating a layout than it was before. But here's my prob.

I'm trying to show the busted to players on my tournament screen by using the <ranking> token and marquee. Everything works fine except for:

1. I want the following order Rank - Player - Points - Hits but no matter what I try it's always Rank - Player - Hits - Points. How can I switch the columns?

The <rankings> token doesn't have an option to specify the column order.

2. I also do not want to show the column names. Is it possible to do something like this: Hits: 1 - Points: 20

You can turn off the column headers by specifying showColumnTitles="false", but there isn't an option to place the column header next to the value on each row.

3. Where can I change the column names? I need them in German.

Thanks for the help

-------------------

I Think I just found what I was looking for all the time

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3267.0

------------------------

I'm probably to stupid. Cann't switch the columns. So I need help.

Thanks

This is indeed how it is done (as described in that topic you referenced).  Note that changing those values will change those column names in more than just the <rankings> token.

What kind of trouble are you having?

By the way, the <inlineRankings> token might be better suited for what you are doing.  Although it doesn't display Hits, and the values won't be lined up in columns (and I just discovered it only shows busted out players, so once the tournament is over it won't show the winner, since that person technically never busted out; guess I'll have to fix that):

<inlineRankings template="&lt;nobr&gt;[ordinalrank]: [player] Points: [points]&lt;/nobr&gt;" connector="&lt;br&gt;">

Andy

• View Profile
Re: showing players who busted out
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »
Sorry for not answering. Didn't have time to try it out till yesterday.

Your idea worked out fine. Thanks. I just displayed two cells on the scrren with <rankings> and one <inlineRankings> with a cell as header for both.