Author Topic: IE10 and hotkeys: anyone seeing issues?  (Read 1618 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IE10 and hotkeys: anyone seeing issues?
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:53:41 PM »
I've received a couple (2 or maaaaybe 3) reports of hotkey strangeness.  Hotkeys appear to stop working in the Game window until the mouse is clicked.  Recently I noticed this with IE 10.  When the screen is switched, either by me doing it manually using a function key, or by automatic screen rotation, hotkeys stop working until the screen is clicked again.  Here's what I've observed:

- When the screen changes, the hotkeys stop working until a mouse click within the window
- It happens most of the time, but not all of the time
- You can press as many keys as you want.  It doesn't come back until a mouse click. EXCEPT for F6.  If you press F6, the hotkeys start working again and the next hotkey will perform an action
- I only see it on IE 10, not IE 9
- All versions of the TD appear to be affected

I've got a tentative fix for it, and it would be great to get it out before it becomes an issue.  But I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this.

JimG

• View Profile
Re: IE10 and hotkeys: anyone seeing issues?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:39 AM »
I see it in version 3.1 on a laptop running Win 7 & IE10.  When I am on "settings" screen pressing F2 do not take me back to tournament.  Not a major issue, I just click on the tournament tab to go back.

dbriegs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
Yes, I have this issue. Have had it for several months. Must click on screen in order for hot keys to work. A fix would be very welcome!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the confirmation.  I have a few things to patch, so I'm going to group them all and hopefully get them out in the next couple of days.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
I released a patch for this last night, for all versions 3.  I'll release an update to version 2 when I am able.

I'd be grateful to know if this fixes the issue for you.