Author Topic: Cannot Add Players To Tourney From the Player Tab  (Read 2864 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Cannot Add Players To Tourney From the Player Tab
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
I recently backed up my TD data on Win XP then did a clean install of Windows 7, including IE10. Then installed TD and restored the TD data. If I'm on the Players tab and click on Add Players the dialog window pops up but no players are listed, for any league I choose, including All. The only way I can add players to the tourney is from the Database tab and right click on the players name then select Add to tournament.

I have read about other bugs with IE10, I can switch back to IE9 if needed. I have a tourney Tuesday night so I might wait until after the tourney to install IE9.

Any suggestions?

Chuck

Seitz333

• View Profile
Re: Cannot Add Players To Tourney From the Player Tab
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:49 PM »
FYI switching back to IE 9 did NOT fix the problem.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »
I have to admit I've never heard of this one before.

The only IE10 issue that I am aware of is that, for a handful of people, the file selection dialog isn't working.  Beyond a few cosmetic differences, there aren't any other specific IE10 issues that I know of.

So for the issue you are experiencing, you have players in the database but Add Players to Tournament dialog shows no players?  Can you provide a screenshot?  Try this: go to the Database tab so the players in your database are visible, then press Ctrl+A to open the Add Players to Tournament dialog (alternatively you can press the "+" button next to "Players" on the Dashboard).  Then post a screenshot of that.  (Not that I don't believe you, but I want to see what you're seeing.)

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:38:13 PM »
Here Ya Go!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »
Press Ctrl+F when the Add Players to Tournament dialog is open to open the Find panel.  See if that is affecting it.  It shouldn't be, but you never know...

If that doesn't do anything, take a backup of your preferences and database and send it to me (support@thetournamentdirector.net).

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 02:44:59 PM »
If I hit the reset button on the Add Players To Tournament dialog box the players are now shown in the list. I have to do this each time I want to add a new player.

If I hit Ctrl+F it opens the Find panel, if I hit Ctrl+F again it closes the Find Panel and then the playes are listed.

Chuck
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:48:30 PM by Seitz333 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 03:07:52 PM »
OK, I'll have to look into it.  When the Find panel is closed, it obviously should not be filtering the listed players.  When I try this, it works as expected.  For example, if I enter some text in the Find panel, the players are filtered accordingly.  If I then press Ctrl+F to close the Find panel, the player list is automatically updated back to the unfiltered list.

The Find panel should always start out empty, any time a dialog that utilizes it opens.  When you press Ctrl+F the first time to open the Find panel, does it have any text in it?

If you close the Add Players to Tournament dialog while the Find panel is open, the next time you open the Add Players to Tournament dialog the Find panel should still be open.  What happens when you do this?  Does the Find panel have any text in it?  Does the player list populate or do you still have to press the Reset button or close the Find panel?

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
The first time I hot Ctrl+F and the Find Panel is opened the text field is blank.

If I close the Add Players to Tournament Box with the Find Panel open, the next time I open the Add Players Box the Find Panel is open, and again the text box is empty. I have to press the reset button to get the player list to populate, or hit Ctrl+F again to close the Find Panel will also populate the players list.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
Does the Delete Players dialog (on the Database tab) behave the same way?  (It's the only other dialog I can think of that lists players from the database.)

What about the Remove Players dialog (on the Players tab)?  It lists players from the tournament, but still works the same way.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:45 PM »
Does the Delete Players dialog (on the Database tab) behave the same way?  (It's the only other dialog I can think of that lists players from the database.)

Delete Players dialog works fine.

What about the Remove Players dialog (on the Players tab)?  It lists players from the tournament, but still works the same way.

Remove Players dialog works fine too.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:30:18 PM by Seitz333 »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.  This should help narrow it down.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:23 PM »
For anyone following along, this isn't a bug per se.  All of the Search fields (Preferences tab, Player Detail Fields) were disabled, so the search feature couldn't find any players.  The Add Players to Tournament dialog actually performs a search when it opens (while no other dialogs do this) even if you have the Find feature disabled, so it was showing no players when it opened.

Thanks, Chuck, for your help in figuring it out.